Thursday, May 15, 2008

The turtles were posing nicely for a picture so I couldn't resist.
We attempted to visit the zoo on $2 Tuesday. Let's just say the weather was no cooperating with us. In spite of the rain, there parking lot was full of cars and the zoo was packed. There must have been other people thinking the same thing we did. Our friend Adrienne, Kinley, Sadie, and I braved the rain and the cold and had fun, but needless to say, we didn't make it around to all the exhibits. Our fingers were quite red and stiff by the time we made it back to the pickup. We also would have had more pictures had the weather been nicer. We figured that we only paid $5 total, including the parking fee, so we can always go back again on another day that is nice and sunny and take some fun pictures.



The ward that we found to go to out here is awesome. There are a lot of little kids and fun moms in this ward. I am so glad to because it is nice to have some other kids for Kin and Sade to play with and also some good adult socialization for me. They have a playgroup every week that we were invited to join. It will give us something fun to look forward to each week. It is not that I didn't like church before, but I really look forward to going to church on Sunday this summer. I am grateful that pretty much anywhere we go we are lucky enough to have a church house close enough to go to. Finding some other ladies who I have something in common with has already made a big difference in how I feel about living here for the summer.


The girls had fun playing with the green ball that lost all of it's air. Cam cut out part of the side and it became a fun hat for the girls.
Fudge anyone?



1 comment:

- said...

thats too funny! I still am surprised when you have brown hair. I just went back home a few weeks back and we went to the tacoma zoo and the same thing happened. We were soaking wet! but we had paid the full price so you lucked out there! Your girls are adorabe! And I definatley have to agree with you, if you find a good ward it makes a world of a difference onif you enjoy life or not!